The winter session schedule is now available for download.
Please note that the curling schedule has changed a bit. The time of the game on November 5th has changed. The game is now scheduled for 5:00 – 7 00 PM.
I’ve attached the updated schedule to this post.
I hope you all had a good summer. We are gearing up to another great season of curling.
The first day of curling is on Saturday, October 1, 2016.
We will be having a welcome reception at 1pm followed by a pre curling meeting at 1:30. Attendance is important as we will be considering a change to the bylaws of the Capital Wheelchair Curling Club and reviewing some important information for the upcoming season.
We will be collecting CWCC membership fees for the 2016 2017 season. The cost is $20.00. CWCC as a policy does not turn anyone away for reasons of finance. Arrangements can be made.
The first game of the season should follow the meeting. We have the from 3:00 PM to 5:00PM. Don’t forget to dress warmly.
I have attached a PDF with the official curling schedule for the fall session of curling. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me via e-mail at email@example.com.
I look forward to seeing all of you once again,
• I will play the game with a spirit of good sportsmanship.
• I will conduct myself in an honorable manner both on and off the ice.
• I will never knowingly break a rule, but if I do, I will divulge the breach.
• I will take no action that could be interpreted as an attempt to intimidate or demean my opponents, teammates or officials.
• I will interpret the rules in an impartial manner, always keeping in mind that the purpose of the rules is to ensure that the game is played in an orderly and fair manner.
• I will humbly accept any penalty that the governing body at any level of curling deems appropriate, if I am found in violation of the code of ethic or rules of the game
The Canadian Curling Association has produced a video as an introduction to wheelchair curling.